Lantern Guest House is located on quiet Windsor Street, very close to the busy hub of Edinburgh.
Carlton Hill, located just the other side of London Road is well worth walking up. You get a panoramic view of Edinburgh and the coastline.
Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre, Omni Centre, John Lewis etc are a few minutes walk from Lantern Guest House.
There are plentiful restaurants and bars in the close vacinity including the famous Valvona & Crolla.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Carlton Hill (0.1 mi)
- Carlton Hill provides magnificient views of Edinnburgh Castle, Arthur's Seat, the Firth of Forth and Princes Street, which is why it has been voted as one of the best 50 views in the UK.
- Playhouse Theatre (0.2 mi)
- Famous Edinburgh Theatre
- Omni centre (0.2 mi)
- Entertainment centre with a cinema, fitness club, bars, restaurants and a night club
- Palace of Holyroodhouse (0.4 mi)
- The Palace of Holyroodhouse, commonly referred to as Holyrood Palace, is the official residence of the monarch in Scotland. The palace stands at the bottom of the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, at the opposite end to Edinburgh Castle. Holyrood Palace is the setting for state ceremonies and official entertaining.The palace is open to the public throughout the year, except when members of the Royal Family are in residence.
- St James Shopping Centre (0.3 mi)
- St James Shopping is located in the heart of Edinburgh’s cosmopolitan city centre and offers shoppers a fabulous range of stores … from John Lewis and Next, to Republic, River Island and Wallis. Shoppers can relax and catch up with friends over a coffee in Costa, or have a bite to eat in Food on 1 or The Place to Eat restaurant in John Lewis.
- Laundrette (0.4 mi)
- Laundrette at 80 Montrose Terrace
- Laundrette (0.4 mi)
- Another Laundrette at 342-346 Leith Walk
- Pharmacy (0.1 mi)
- Lindsay & Gilmour at 11 Elm Row
- Bank/ATM (0.1 mi)
- RBS with ATM at Bledheim Place
Waverley Rail Station(0.5mi, 0.8km)
Lantern Guest House is just a 10 minute walk from Waverley Rail Station.(Use the back entrance of the rail station).
Serviced by a Number of buses from Princes Street:
26, 4, 44 - Get off at Leopold Place, and take 1st street on left.
7,10,11,22, 25 - Get off at Elm Row, cross the road, turn on to Leopold place, and take 1st street on the left: Windsor Street.
Edinburgh Airport(8.0mi, 12.9km)
The Airlink 100 operates a frequent bus service (every 10 minutes at peak times) between Edinburgh Airport and the city centre, with designated stops en route. Journey time is about 25 minutes and tickets cost £3.50 single and £6.00 return. Exit at the last stop Waverly Rail Station.
Cost of Taxi from Airport = £17.00